Wednesday 8 December 2010

Initial Ideas



This is the basic outline for my music magazine cover. I have mimicked the cover of issue of Rolling Stone I examined, as it’s uncluttered, minimalistic look appealed to me more than that of the NME cover I analysed. The audience for my magazine will be similar to that of Rolling Stone, so if their cover design appeals to their audience then it should also appeal to mine. However, whilst many of the images they put on their cover become iconic, the style of image is very different to the eco-friendly image with a high-fashion edge I would like to place on my cover.



This is the basic outline for my contents page. I have chosen this layout because I felt that more than three images would clutter the page, and both Vogue and Rolling Stone used few pictures (2 and 3 respectively). I have mimicked Vogue’s style of text, with all the articles under various sub-headings, rather than Rolling Stone, who chose to include broad article titles, only going into detail for the big feature articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment