Friday 5 November 2010

Questionnaire Analysis For Preliminary Task

I designed and distributed a questionnaire to find out what people want from a college magazine. I found out that over 50% of people surveyed would not read a college magazine because they thought it was “boring”. This shows that the current magazine is not appealing to its audience. Therefore I have to produce a magazine that will appeal to students. I found out what they would be interested in reading in question three, so I know that to attract my target audience I need to include a sports, music and college news sections, as well a section for job seekers.

I have found out that almost 50% of people would pay up to 50p for the magazine. Therefore I will release the first issue for free to gain interest, then charge 50p and issue for each issue after that. I will release my magazine every month, as the majority of students wanted the magazine to be either fortnightly or monthly. I will distribute my magazine in the Skills Improvement Centre, Common Room and Coffee Shop as the aspect of college most people like the most is the breaks.

I would not release an online version of the magazine as the questionnaire revealed that 70% of students do not want an online version. 70% of people also said they would not subscribe to the magazine, so to address this issue I would offer a promotional one off subscription to entice students.
Most people would not be willing to help out, so to recruit people I would send an email to all the students asking them to email back if they would like to help out: this way only people who are interested in journalism or photography will be working on the magazine.

I will write my magazine in an informal, chatty style, as 100% of people said they would prefer to read a relaxed style of magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment